RSS Feed

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

That Little Boy

Among the hungry I rest,
Waiting for someday to be fed.
Poor little children roam the streets,
Hoping for a day to beat this strife.

No income earned since no jobs we have.
Happiness rarely appears.
Yet somewhere in the slums of the streets,
A little boy showed kindness to me.

Old and hungry I may be,
But that day was extra tough.
For I was extremely ill,
On my d.e.a.t.h. cardboard box.

That boy found me shriveled up.
No food or shelter,
Just me sick as can be.
The young child stayed with me.

His presence alone filled my soul.
The food he brought me satisfied my hunger.
Clean water from him clenched my thirst.
My illness soon departed.

Never again I saw that little boy.
Some say he died of starvation.
If that is so,
That little boy gave his life to save me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this sounds like the good samaritan

Emery said...

you guessed right